Saturday, September 27, 2008

Loving Her Own Reflection...

My Mom is something of a nut.

A good nut.

You know, like me, only 27 years from now me.

One time my nieces (who she lives with) told us a story about waking up with Bestema in the bathroom, where they could hear her say "Good morning Karlene," to which Karlene answered "Well, good morning," to which Karlene answered, "You're looking fabulous today," to which Karlene answered "Well, thank you very much. So are you Karlene."

Then the legendary eyeroll from Miriam...

Well, today I watched as Nora saw herself in the mirror and she grinned when she caught her reflection, and she babbled.

Then again this afternoon I took her to Fred Meyer to shop for a while, and we went to the restroom, which had a full-length mirror. There, Nora grinned and chattered to herself as I used the facilities...

Often when she gets in the car (with this mirror shown in the picture) she does the same thing...

And all I could hear in my head was the conversation that went like this: Good morning Nora," to which Nora answered "Well, good morning," to which Nora answered, "You're looking fabulous today," to which Nora answered "Well, thank you very much. So are you, Nora."

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net