Tuesday, September 02, 2008

If The Shoe Fits, Wear It...

I got slammed pretty hard here and on someone's blog over my comments regarding Republicans who don't like Obama.

It's not even about whether they like him or not. It was about the negativity and hatred and Ann Coulter-inspired fear-mongering of Obama that I called into question.

I do question the larger issue of race in his candidacy, because the fervor with which people hate Obama can't just be because he professes the need for change, and for cooperation, and for bi-partisanship.

People like Rush Limbaugh and my friend Gretch seem to hate that too, though.

But like the Black Eyed Peas sing, "Where is the Love?" not in a hippie dippy sort of way, but just more along the lines of a Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along?" sorta a way, I was asking the same question.

And Gretch blogged full of the kind of vomit that Republicans spew out on their radio addresses, then accuse us Democrats of doing it, which if you read below, I was doing nothing of the kind.

I don't listen to Liberal Talk Radio. I don't need to listen to anyone try to tell me how to think. I can do that on my own.

I only said SOME people may not like him because of race or fears of Islamic fundamentalism. I didn't say ALL.

The fact has not changed. The hatred is overdone, overbearing, and overloaded.

But don't think for one minute I'm going to sit still and be told that my lack of tolerance for the intolerant in the world is wrong.

No.

I feel sorry for you G. Yes, you're entitled to your opinions. And I'm entitled to mine.

But if the shoe fits, wear it.

Please note that I only name Gretch since I don't want her confused with "G" my friend who posts in response to my blog on a much more positive, frequent basis, and who doesn't use her whole name for her own reasons. I certainly wouldn't want to confuse the two.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net