Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dorothy Hamill? Again?

I got a bad haircut tonight. I told the gal what I wanted, and I got something, um, well, different.

People often make the mistake that somehow VOLUME in hair is good.

My hair is short. It's shorter now. But now, when I dry it and any volume is applied, I look like I did when I was 9 years old in 1976, when Dorothy Hamill won the Gold for Olympic skating, and we all wanted her hairdo. Mom gave us $5 to walk down to what amounted to a Supercuts and get our Hamill 'do and all was right in the world.

I think I'm having a flashback.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got a similar haircut and when I dry it my head looks like a mushroom. Using the flat iron helps alot! SMOOCHIES

Your Cheryl

annie said...

Yes! My sister and I were both Dorothy clones in the 70s! I bet it's not too bad! ~hugs~

Sheri said...

my mom used to have my sister and I have 'pixie' haircuts. It's almost a bald cut for little girls. blech.

I bet your Hail looks good! Picture please.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net