Friday, September 26, 2008

The Debates...

I watched the debates as best I could, considering it was on in two rooms while I chased my daughter around for the entire time.

But now a couple of hours later, watching more in-depth with a little BBC/CNN/Washington Post analysis, I felt the debate went better than my first impression.

On the whole, I thought it was interesting that John/Tom/Tim McCain never once looked at Barack Obama, who frequently gave McCain the respect of at least looking at him (even if he did appear entertained a lot of the time).

And I know I'm picking one thing out here, but I find it interesting...How do you complete a sentence with "I don't think we're headed towards another Cold War with Russia":

a) I think we should work with Vladimir Putin to work out issues they have with Georgia and other former republics;

or as John McCain's answer:

b) "I've looked into the eyes of Putin, and I saw three letters: K G B"

Things That Make Me Go "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

I wonder if all that fuss over "suspending the campaign" to deal with the looming crisis from hell (which didn't exist last week, but somehow has ballooned into an 850 billion dollar bailout for God Knows WHO) was really a ploy not to avoid tonight's debate, but perhaps....just suggesting here...trying to delay the VP debates for next Thursday. It's not my original idea either. Actually suggested to me by a pal from the other side of the aisle.

Ah yes...I have Republican friends. Real ones. Not just recovering ones like Teri. :)

And look who's available to talk right after the debates:

Sarah Palin?

Nope.

Joe Biden?

You bet.

And he takes questions too...

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net