Thursday, September 27, 2007

This Picture Begs The Question...

Can she get any cuter?

I don't think so!

I bought this hat last year when I was pregnant with Jacob. Before we knew he was a boy. Before we found out we would lose him.

I gave up most of my baby things when we lost Jacob, because I never thought I would have another chance to have a baby.

But among Jacob's things, I kept this hat.

Now, I see my sleeping daughter in this hat, and I get all misty eyed. Nora is beyond beautiful. She is perfect to me.

And she's wearing the hat intended for one, but given to her.

And it's ok.

2 comments:

susan said...

Nora is beautiful in the little hat. I am glad you are able to use it.

We kept very little of Madeline's, but have a very special sweater set that was hers and that my mom had made. We eventually reached a point where we could put Louis in it, and he was so beautiful. Madeline would have wanted it that way, and it was so right.....

It will be nice, if not surreal, to be out of the NICU...no one looking over you. I remember getting home with our little guy, loads of his equipment with us, but it was nice to be home, just the family.

She is very beautiful.

Susan

Shiela Lee said...

I know I've said this 1,000 times, but it won't be long before you're saying "NICU? Yeah, we did that once, it wasn't fun but it was no big deal." (Bet you never would have imagined that yesterday!)

I am so stupid happy for you. TOMORROW! And even if there's a hold up on tomorrow, her release won't be more than a day or two later. You're almost there. You can almost hold your breath until she comes home...almost! LOL

Congratulations, Mom - look at everything YOU have done. That beautiful angel girl is here and all thanks to you. Enjoy your daughter, your friend for life and longer!!

Words can't express how happy I am for you and Brian. Congratulations again!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net