Friday, September 07, 2007

The Quilt of Loving Kindness

I've never been so touched in all my life.

I know several of my readers are PALP members...many of you have only heard me talk of "my board" or my "online support group for pregnancy loss" that I've belonged to for the past 5 years.

Today, Melinda, one of my PALP friends and who lives nearby and had 3 of her own babies in the very hospital I am in, came by under the guise of bringing my Olive Garden pasta, and in addition to, came bearing some beautiful gifts from Kelly, Michele, and a host of PALP ladies who all contributed to a quilt for my daughter.

Here's the inside of the card:

You often craft quilts
with others in mind;
You give them as gifts
each one of a kind.

But this time for you,
a quilt has been born;
With pieces of fabric
all broke in and worn.

The squares have been cut
from blankets and clothes
That once covered bottoms
and fingers and toes.

Once worn by the babies
of women you know
who gave them with love
to wrap your baby so.

As the poem says, each of these ladies sent an item of clothing, blanket or even a baby bath towel from each of their babies, and Kelly put it all together as a quilt.

Considering all the joy that each of those little babies have brought all my friends, I just cried at the thought of wrapping my own daughter in something so special and so filled with love.

Thank you PALP ladies...you know who you are, and I love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how beautiful!! This is the Swetest thing I have heard in a Long time!! How wonderful friendships grow on the internet! Loving kindness- such great words!! Bless them all!
Shauna

MeesheMama said...

What a wonderful gift.

Tammy said...

Ahh, beautiful. What a sweet thing for them to do... I know I treasure the lovely quilt by friend Jules made for my son Si and think of you each time I go in at night to snuggle him in under it. Hugs to you!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net