Thursday, August 09, 2007

Trip to Target for The Tiny Tot

I've been feeling these past few days like I just HAD to get a few things for the baby. I'm 29 weeks this week, with about 2 1/2 months to go, and this odd feeling that the baby's going to come sooner than that. Not a lot sooner, but more like 6-8 weeks from now instead of 10 or 11.

So with that in mind, I took a bit of an inventory of all the stuff my friend Delois gave me, and off to the store I went this afternoon.

I went to Target and bought some newborn disposable diapers, wipes, and a BUNCH of other little stuff, like a changing pad cover, nursing pads, a few bottles, a thing of J&J bath soap stuff, a thermometer, and some butt paste.

There's nothing like standing there in the baby aisle, without a CLUE and wondering about the bazillion products there are on the shelf and if I'll really need it. Does anyone really use baby oil or baby powder anymore? And if so, what for?

I did pretty good until I got to the card aisle and went to look at baby announcements. For no particular reason (why this, I don't know), I started to choke up and I just couldn't buy them yet.

But I don't feel so naked with all the stuff I got! I'm very happy to have a few baby things around me.

Baby Girl is still kicking like crazy. She is getting big enough now that she makes my whole tummy roll with moves that say "Look, there's an alien in there!".

This is so surreal!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Just remember - I might be in another country, if she comes early but I will still get text messages....hint hint hint.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, I have been a reader for over a year now...when I came back to read you were expecting.. it brought a huge smile to my face..

as for the baby powder..I use it..along with buttpaste..kids never had buttrash.. maybe it works maybe not LOL

Looking forward to your updates..

God Bless!

Teri said...

Mother's intuition?

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net