Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fifth Day Syndrome

Sure enough, I woke up this morning at 3 a.m. with more bleeding.

This time it was enough that they told me I couldn't eat til I saw the doctor, AND put me on an IV and gave me something to stop my mild contractions (if you could even call them that). Eventually I did get a late breakfast.

It's hard to go through this, since it seems like it gets to be a little worse each time and I can't help but wonder what the next one will bring, and when this will all end.

What's weird too is how the bleeds are clustered around every 5th day or so. I guess that's good that I have that much time between most of them, but it is odd...but seven episodes in 18 days means I'm not going anywhere.

But the baby seems unaffected by it all so far. And I asked the doctor doing the rounds today to make sure to schedule my next ultrasound at the earliest opportunity. He gave me some reasons why we should wait, but I told him I really need to see and know for my own peace of mind, so I should get one by Monday.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net