Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dreams of Our Girl

I dreamed I met our little girl last night! In my dream I walked into our bedroom, and she was sleeping on the bed...she didn't have any clothes on, or a diaper, and as I tried to get a diaper on her, I realized she was too big to fit into the newborn diapers. She was kinda chubby!

She looked a lot like me when I was a baby...with brown curly hair. I fed her, and thought "Breastfeeding is so easy! Why does everybody make such a big deal out of it!?!"

I guess I was thinking about it a lot yesterday as I read a book and watched the hospital's Newborn Channel that pushes breastfeeding enough that it makes me want to rebel against it -- but I won't.

The rest of the dream got really weird (I put her in a Moses Basket and put her in the river, HA), but the first part was cool.

What is it, Sunday? I keep a white board in my room that is updated just so I can remember. I've been in the hospital for two weeks now.

Friday and Saturday pretty much sucked. Except we moved to a newer, better, more spacious suite which doesn't really change things much for me, but makes it much easier on those visiting me. The hardest things about Friday and Saturday were that I had quite a bit of bleeding both days, and the doctors actually took me off food on Saturday morning (briefly) while they considered if we might have to have the baby.

It's just scary to think that all this could change on a moment's notice like that.

Plus, they had to poke me four times to get a good vein for my new IV/saline lock. I hate needles.

Saturday late morning things subsided and we were given the usual talk about how we REALLY want to get to 32 weeks, when the survival rate is just about the same as a full term baby, only with time in the NICU required.

Fortunately, last night I had a good night/early morning. No more bleeding today, which is good.

If you look at my ticker on the right, you'll see that my baby has made it to the 8th month at 31 weeks 1 day.

My sister Jill was here overnight too with her boy Erik. Brian and Erik went to a movie yesterday too. I like to see Brian get out of here and do something besides work and visiting me.

Jill & Erik just stopped by with a Starbucks for me on their way back to Seattle, and DH is at church.

That means time for a shower and a movie.

Another day of waiting. But it's ok.

I just keep reminding myself...it's either sit and wait or have the baby, and right now I'd rather sit and wait!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Time served...silly woman. Thanks for being a good patient. Love you!

Scrapping Away said...

Hey! That's an easy way to remember your nurse's names too! LOL, don't keep a database with that stuff, just take a picture of it every day!!!

I'm glad to see you posting this today (and we know that if you have a chance to do this there isn't a flurry of 'activity')!

MeesheMama said...

Six more days! Six more days! You've got this. Hang in there, girls.

Audrey said...

thank you Jules, for allowing me to read about your daily life. Nancy gave me the link. I've been praying for you and your wee one!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net