Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ruts, and the people who live in them

It's midnight, Jan. 1...almost time for Jan. 2 to roll over, a day of 2006 already gone.

I partied until 3 a.m. last night, had the foresight to take a couple of aspirin and drink some water to avoid the Pulsing Hangover, and only slept about 6 hours.

Today, I wish I could say I achieved much. But, alas, 3 loads of laundry, some breakfast, watching football and a 5-hour nap from 4 p.m. to about 9 tonight did nothing but throw off my sleep cycle. I started to clean out a closet of clothes I don't wear, but didn't finish the job. I did clean out some computer files of unwanted photos, but that's hardly an accomplishment, considering this computer is all of 6 months old.

I didn't work on the quilt, didn't walk the dog, and ate a very bad lunch of a rather gigantic cheeseburger and tater tots, in honor of my good friend, Napoleon Dynamite.

I'm amazed at what a rut I can get into. I always notice it when I do something different, like leave Denver's beltway for a road trip into the mountains that I've waited longer than I should have to venture out.

In the past, I've prided myself on being different -- spontaneous for sure. If you call me and ask me to go hang-gliding, I'd probably say no, but if you want to hike a new trail, leave the state for an adventure somewhere new, or check out something I'd never seen before like a rodeo, I'd say yes.

I know I'm not as boring as this weekend so far would imply, but it sure felt like it.

Sorry to not have a good "walk-off" tonight. Apparently I'm too lazy for that this weekend as well...

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net