Saturday, January 07, 2006

I talked to a friend for the first time...

I've known Tammy for a long time now -- at least a couple of years if not three.

One of my Sistas from the pregnancy loss board I belong to, Tammy lives in Canada and like me, has been through a lot.

She's one of a few gals from the board that I think is living a parallel life with mine, as we have learned so much about each other and our relationships, that we often get to laugh at how similar we are in temperament, personality and all sorts of other ways.

Tammy had surgery recently, and after not hearing from her to know she was ok, I called her house in Canada, and was pleasantly surprised to find out she had just gotten home the night before.

We talked for about 20 minutes, and I was amazed at how comfortable I was talking to her in person. I guess just thinking "I've never spoken to her in real life before", that it would be somehow odd to finally do so.

What a pleasure it was to hear her voice, and to know that she was ok. Her voice sounded strong and healthy -- even though I had nothing to compare it to. It felt like I was calling my sister -- or someone else I've known my whole life.

I love it when stuff like that happens.

You can visit Tammy's blog at: http://canonlyimagine.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Tammy said...

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) ... I felt the same way, like I'd talked to you so many times before. Your call my my day. Isn't it amazing how common experiences bind us together??? Thanks for calling and the many other ways you've showered me with love these days, and I look forward to talking again... (((hugs)))

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net