Thursday, October 02, 2008

As Much As I'd Like To Keep My Campaign Promises...

It's hard. I mean HARD to keep my promise not to bash someone who is so WOEFULLY inadequate to be president of anything other than my PTA...For you ferners, that's "Parent Teacher Association"....

OK, back the the debate at hand.

Yes, the "debate" between Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska and Sen. Joe Biden (D-Deleware).

The predictable, but disappointing part for the Democrats? Watching Joe take the advice of everyone everywhere and never EVER attacking Sarah Palin on the fact that she wasn't answering a single question with anything other than what her prep people told her to say.

The predictable, but disappointing part for the Republicans? I'm not sure if it was actually listening to Sarah spew Republican policy without any context to the actual question at hand, or if it was the fact that she practically opened her statement with "I may not answer these questions to the satisfaction of the moderator or Sen. Joe Biden, but I'm not talking to them. I'm talking to YOU America. I'm talking to Joe 6-Pack."

Yes, I realize I may have paraphrased a bit. But you know what I'm talking about.

You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

And while I'm wondering out loud about things...I wonder why Gov. Palin doesn't say that she can see Canada from her house. I wonder why she doesn't mention THEM as her foreign policy experience.

Is it because no one is afraid of Canada? Is it because she's trying to make us feel like she's on the "edge" of something great like Russia, but not on the "edge" of something as boring as say, Yellowknife, Northwestern Territories?

Really Gov. Palin did ok. I'm probably in that 84% that think she did better than expected.

But really if "Better" just means "She didn't fall on her ass" and instead means "She performed the function of cheerleader by rallying support behind all the usual cliche's of her party", I'm not sure that's much of an improvement.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net