Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Going Coastal

I'll tell you, there's nothing quite like a day at the beach.

I love the Oregon Coast.

My niece and I went there today with our dogs, Lucy and Casey, and we had a blast.
Lucy's not familiar with the ocean, so she drank the water (and looked a little surprised at the taste), and ate some of the sand.

My grandma used to live in Salem, and we had relatives out near Lincoln City, so I remember her taking me there on numerous occasions.

I love the familiarity of the Oregon Coast's shoreline, the constant blast of wind, the frigid waters that don't let you go in above your knees without risking hypothermia.

It feels like home.

1 comment:

Teri said...

The Oregon Coast holds a lot of memories for me too. Remember the yellow VW bus? We loaded it with the four girls, sleeping bags, etc. and took a week down the coast. A big space in my memory book!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net