Sunday, January 04, 2009

Bathroom Renovation




Brian is a very patient husband, for those of you who don't already know...Wednesday night I told him I wanted to make the main bathroom "more pleasant, you know, so people will actually use it, including me..."

And once he said "OK" as he does to most of my household improvement ideas (and knowing that's the bathroom he was about to start using) the very next morning I'd taken down the broken shower doors and started the process of prepping for paint.

This bathroom needs to be torn down to the studs and started over. I think its fixtures are original to the house, and the white trash panelling must be too.

We didn't want to spend $1500-2000 on materials for a complete overhaul, so a paint job, re-caulking and spitshine polish was going to have to do.

By the time it was over, and for less than $100, we have a second functional bathroom that as Brian said when he went in to use the facilities "actually just feels like a normal bathroom instead of a closet the cat box is kept in."

I guess that's somethin'...

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net