Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm painting my living room

I got a wild hair to paint my living room while we wait this week for our final amnio results.

I find it rather therapeutic, but it's a rather dangerous job. Dangerous in that I'm going to have to live with this for a long time, and when I dribble paint somewhere, I keep thinking things like "It doesn't matter, there's a so much more important than this." I can just see 6 months or a year from now, me looking at the crappy paint job and thinking "Man, I should NOT have been doing that." Ha.

The thing is, it's keeping my hands busy while my mind can still work on other things, like talk to Jacob or just consider some more all the things we face.

I found a support group online for those considering ending a pregnancy due to medical reasons, and I find it very helpful to look at all the different options & ideas. Not that there's a lot of options, mind you, but hearing different perspectives is probably a better description.

There's nothing easy about this, so I just keep moving. Like Winston Churchill's great quote says "If you're going through hell, keep going."

So, we keep going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, who cares how the paint job turns out? It's more therapy than anything, and can always be redone.

I'm so glad you found a sympatico support group.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net