Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow, Ice, Mostly Ice.

So after just a few inches of snow fell yesterday afternoon, school was cancelled, icy conditions overnight made the State Patrol tell people they needed to stay off the roads, and I realized I was out of Tampax at a very inopportune time.

So off to Safeway I went.
The roads and sidewalks are encased in Ice.

So I called my neighbor Amber, who came over at the beginning of Nora's nap time, and sat for her while I walked the 12 blocks over to Safeway, stopped off at the bank, and since the State Capitol is only another block over, I couldn't resist running over and taking a few pictures.
I have to say I'm VERY disappointed with my new Nikon, only because I get home and found out it's taking pictures in a very small camera mode, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to reset the number of pixels per picture, so these pictures aren't nearly as good as they could be.

I guess it's time to go bust out the camera's manual. I really need to learn to read those things.
So it's 2:15, Nora's been out for a record 2 hours, 15 minute nap, and I WOULD go check to make sure she's breathing, but I have heard her cough once or twice so I know she's alive in there.

So I'm going to blog this, scarf some lunch, and maybe sit on the couch and get over the fact I just walked on ice for 12 blocks with a backpack and two grocery bags full of food, since I figured if I'm trapped in the house for a few more days, we might as well eat.

What the heck, huh?




No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net