Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day!

Nora got her first peek at snow this morning!

We woke up to a nice little storm, but it quickly passed and I didn't think it would really turn into anything.
By the time Brian got home from work today, the snow was flying pretty fast and furiously, and his truck was covered rather quickly.

It may seem like an odd thing, but one thing that bothered me in Denver was that the street sign was ON our corner, not across the street, so I couldn't tell if it was snowing hard unless I was out on my porch, or craning my neck out the kitchen window.

As you can imagine, this is not a good thing in Denver.

Anyway, today I was delighted when it was dark enough I could see the light ACROSS THE STREET, where it makes it a lot easier to see if it's snowing a lot or a little, or at all.

Yes, small things make me happy.
And here's a shot out the back door towards the back yard.

Pretty snow. It's going to do more of it later this week, so I'm not entirely thrilled about being stuck in the house a lot this week, but soon Brian will be done for Christmas break and we'll have lots of time together.

I can't wait for that!

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net