Sunday, June 29, 2008

Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures...

Brian has been jonesing for chicken enchiladas forever....he kept mentioning it, and finally tonight I decided to get a recipe off the internet and just shut him up.

I mean, "make him what he always wanted because I love him SO MUCH!" :)

So, I got the recipe, which called for cooking chicken, glazing some onion with some chili powder and butter, and of course baking at 350 for 30 minutes before the cheese, and 10 minutes after.

So, THANK YOU MOM for the barbecue she gave Brian for Father's Day!

It has a burner on the right, which I used to cook the chicken, and while that was cooling and getting shredded, I cooked the onions in butter on the burner too.

THEN I turned on the main burners on the BBQ and put a cake pan upside down on the burners, so the pan the enchiladas were in wouldn't touch the actual grill.

I "baked" the enchiladas with all three burners on "Low" which according to the temperature gauge is 350*!

They were SUPERB, by the way.

It was fairly easy. and it was 90* today, so I was very happy not to turn on the stove!

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net