Thursday, October 25, 2007

Alert

Nora stared back at me when I talked to her, and even when I stopped, she kept looking and looking at me.

It kinda freaked me out.

What am I supposed to do with her?

The kid went from sleeping about 23 hours a day to suddenly having an awful lot of awake time.

But no matter. She likes to look at everything right now because positively everything other than my face is new to her in the truest sense of the word.
So today she sat looking at each of us, and once I swear I caught a smile.

Who knows but that face is looking more and more alert -- more interested -- more wake than ever.

It made me say "So, what are we doing, Nora?" and she stared back at me.

So I sang her the ABC song.

No time like the present to get started, I say.

And she looked like she liked it, even if she'd never heard it before. Hopefully she'll enjoy the rerun.

1 comment:

tims_mom said...

So beautiful! I think she looks alot like you! I love reading your blogs, and what a special time it is, in your brothers house.

Nora (and you) is one lucky gal!

Nancy

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net