Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's The Weekend, So It Must Be Snowing

I woke up this morning and it's snowing. Yes, I counted it, and it's the sixth weekend in a row!

We had some decent melt-off this week since it got up into the 40s several days in a row, so I caught a glimpse of pavement on my street yesterday. But it's gone again under the fresh powder falling from the sky as I write this.

Last night Brian went to a friend's house -- the one he hasn't seen in a few months who he usually plays disc golf with -- but they can't because it's too snowy. Last night when DT called, we talked a bit about the snow, and Don, who grew up here most of his life, said he's noticing how snow weary people are here.

Yes, we've got a good case of Snow Fatigue. Every time I leave the house I have to watch every step to make sure I don't slip on ice or snow. My world view has been raised by about a foot, and it's pure white.

I told Donny it reminded me of the last winter I spent in Seattle -- 1999, when it rained for 100 days straight. Even the natives, who take rain in stride and with great pride in the Northwest, complained of being depressed. I didn't hear any actual wailing of "When will this end?" but I sensed it.

Likewise, Coloradans are pretty sick of seeing snow.

But I say "buck up". We're dwellers of the Front Range, where the going joke is "Don't like the weather? Wait 10 minutes." But I guess for now we have to wait for summer to melt this stuff away, because even more snow is due later this week.

Summer IS coming, right?

RIGHT?

1 comment:

Timestep said...

Sarah's best friend (well a good friend of mine too) live in Denver. She used to live here, in the land of 200 inches of snow. She called last night soooo tired of the snow - mainly because no one really knows how to deal with it.

I really want to go visit Denver. I wonder if I could talk DH into it. . . . maybe after the snow melts. We have enough of it here.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net