Friday, January 19, 2007

Football Widow Weekend


The HIL Fantasy Football League my husband Brian belongs to is having their owner's meeting this weekend, so I won't see him between about dinnertime tomorrow and Sunday after the AFC & NFC games are over.

It's the one weekend a year when I'm a football widow...Brian leaves me to watch the games with the boys, talk football league stuff (they stop just short of a "No Girlz Allowed" sign on the front door I'm sure) and I'm left to my own devices for entertainment.

But that's more than ok.

You see, I have my own addiction -- er -- hobby. I love to make quilts, and I recently found this quilt pattern online and have started working on it. I'm almost done with the 4th of 9 blocks, and I know with a good long uninterrupted day of sewing that I could very well get the top made and be on my way to finishing it.

The cool thing is, this quilt is for US.

I've been making quilts for other people for a few years now, and haven't made one for myself for some time, so this one is for our house...and I just LOVE the patterns. Part of it is that I don't have to make any one block twice. I also love the Amish style -- plain but bright colors. I love the 3D look of this quilt, and the fact that it will go in any room in my house with the taupe & black neutrals and bright colors within. Very rarely do I find a quilt idea that leaves me inspired, and for some reason this particular pattern does.

So, Brian will do his thing this weekend, and I'll do mine. In the end, he'll get a weekend with his friends, and I'll have my geek weekend sewing.

We both get to do something we love, even if we're not together this weekend...And that's fine by me.

1 comment:

tims_mom said...

I can't wait to see your finished quilt. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!!!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net