Friday, August 04, 2006

Doctor Appointment -- 4 Weeks After Jacob's Birth

I had my post-delivery follow-up with the doctor today.

Geez, that sucked. Brian didn't come home until I got back. He went for a bike ride after work -- I called looking for him and he was already gone -- but he completely spaced it. He felt so bad when I told him I was waiting for him til the last minute thinking he was coming.

Well, I was fighting the tears by the time I hit the freeway. I just figured "Screw it -- I'll cry if I want to." Well, I wanted to. I got in the door, and the waiting room didn't have any pregnant women, but I asked Lea the receptionist to get me into a room quickly. She went back to find out what room to put me in, and a PG woman came out...she must have been close to my time, and the tears just started to fall. By the time Lea got back, she saw me in tears, put PG lady on hold where she stood, and got me into a back room with a box of Kleenex.

When Dr. P came in, I started crying again, but told her I haven't been like this all the time. LOL...We didn't do an exam, just talked about whether we can have sex (yes, thanks), what birth control to use, which brought us to whether we would try again. I told her I'd like to make sure Jacob's Trisomy 18 diagnosis isn't also the reason for all our losses -- since if we DO have a genetic translocation, that could explain everything, and at that point, Brian would be going in for a snip-snip.

If we DON'T have it, and we do decide to try again (God, the thought of it...right now, no..) she didn't want to do depo or anything else since I'm turning the big 4-0 and wouldn't want to delay trying again for very long if we decided to.

So, we have clearance for me to go to work. It sucks in some respects, but it's time.

On the way home I went to Linens N Things and bought some house stuff I've wanted...Nothing too exciting, just a new bath mat, new shower curtain and liner, and some bar glasses.

By the time I got home, I was ready for a nice glass of wine.

One more hurdle left -- and that's work on Monday.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net