Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Quiet Day

I've been doing a little housework, a little puttering around, a little preparation for the hospital, and a lot of talking on the phone today.

Today I found my positive pregnancy tests I'd kept, and put them in Jacob's box, along with a bunch of my medical receipts from all our appointments, and the early ultrasound pictures.

I started getting some things together for the hospital, like our camera, iPod, some of my own jammies, and my own box of Kleenex, since I anticipate crying a lot in the next few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to Target to get a couple of blankets and maybe a hat or outfit to put Jacob in. I want two blankets so I can leave one with him, and take another home with us to keep.

There's a part of me that's scared about this still, but I also feel resigned to the fact that this needs to be done, and I will get through it. There are drugs for the emotional stuff and for the physical pain, so really, if I need it, I can use them. I'm hoping to get through it without too much medication though, because a part of me wants to feel it all.

We had a couple of friends stop by today with food and a short visit. After staying in the house for the past 10 days, I was surprised at how welcome it was to have some company over. As today progressed too, I realized how glad I am my Mom and sister are coming. Just to have my women family members come to help get me through this is really helping me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jules,

Our computer crashed and I don't have your e-mail address right now... But I want you to know that you're in my thoughts.

Cal

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net