Monday, April 24, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Tweens

My nephew, Erik, who's 10 years old, called the other night to ask about how my ultrasound went. He was quite fascinated as I told him that we're 11 weeks along now, and the baby is about the length of my thumb, but fully formed with fingers & toes and everything.

Then he said "You know, I'm really excited to have a new cousin. It'll be cool to have someone younger than me."

He cheered up even more when I told him that he should also keep in mind that Uncle Jeremy & Aunt Stephanie haven't had their kids yet either -- so there will probably be even MORE cousins younger than him. Yeah, sometimes it just feels good to know you won't always be at the bottom of the totem pole.

I asked him if I should make my baby a boy or a girl, and in a very matter-of-fact tone of voice, he informed me of the truth: "It doesn't matter what WE want, God's already made that decision for you."

Out of the mouths of 'Tweens.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net