Saturday, April 29, 2006

Believe It.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant today. I keep thinking how weird it is to be this far into a pregnancy.

By the end of this next week, I'll start my first-ever "2nd trimester" that magic middle 3 months of pregnancy where you're not too fat, you get your energy back, and you're supposedly enjoying being pregnant as much as one can.

Sometimes I still can't believe this is happening. If I didn't have the Doppler to listen to Bruiser's heartbeat any time I wanted, it'd be easy to deny.

I asked Brian the other day when he thought I'd believe that I was having a baby, and he cracked "Honey, knowing you, you're going to be changing the baby's diaper saying 'I can't believe I have a baby.'"

That's Brian for you. Analyzes you, and spits it out in the form of a joke. :)

6 comments:

MissHelen said...

I'm waving the rubber chicken of good baby karma for you!

Unknown said...

Twelve weeks, eh?!? That's huge. Yeah!!
I know I've said it many times over, but I am SO very happy for you both- I can't say it enough.

Unknown said...

Oh-
And there are days when I still don't wholly believe I'm a mom. In my head, I know that I am, but it's just so wonderful that sometimes I can't believe it's true!

Can't wait til you've experienced what I'm talking about....

Anonymous said...

That IS just like Brian! :-)

Anonymous said...

Funny how these dates go. I am due on the 11th too but all my doctors said this monday I was 13 weeks. I guess more like 12 completed weeks and beginning the 13th? I dont know but hey we are due the same day maybe!

Jules said...

Lisa -- I count it when the week is OVER...but I get the weekly e-mails from parentsplace.com that put me "ahead" in my 13th week when I just finished 12, which I guess is technically correct as well. HA.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net