Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Back To The City of Light


The Eiffel Tower Posted by Hello

We're going back.

In October of 2003, I took this picture of The Eiffel Tower at night. I took a lot of pictures of the "Le Tour Eiffel" while I was there. It's hard not to.

We recently learned that we will be able to go back to Paris, we had hoped to do it this September, but weren't sure if we'd be able to afford it. In the past couple of days we found out we can.

I've seen New York, London, Paris, Rome, Athens and Istanbul. While there are still many many cities to visit, Paris is on the short list of places I'd love to go for a week, put my suitcase down, and make myself a temporary local.

Despite all the rumors of rude French people, particularly Parisiens, we found them to be friendly and helpful. We started our conversations with "Bonjour!" and they immediately switch to English, since they can tell on that one word that my French is absolutely worse than their command of my language.

When we were there last time, I got sick and had to cut back on all we could see in a few days. I spent all of four hours in The Louvre, long enough to see the Venus de Milo, Mona Lisa and a few other points of interest.

We missed so much we swore we'd go back. So now we are.

Tres cool if you ask me!

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net