Wednesday, June 06, 2007

On Days I Fancy Myself A Good Writer...

When I read this blog -- http://www.dooce.com -- I realize just how mediocre a writer I really am.

I know I don't completely suck...but I'm sure those of you bloggers out there know what I'm talking about. There's that turn of the phrase, that smartass remark, that gin-eh-sey-quaw (phonetic spelling of "I don't know what the hell it is" in French) that just makes a blog sing.

The gal's blog started out innocently enough as all of ours do...but eventually she made the news for being at least among the first to be fired from her job for blogging, when blogging was fresh and new.

Let's think back a moment when the word "blogosphere" was just being coined.

OK. Back to reality. Ms. Armstrong's among one of the funnier people I read...so if you'll take a minute to stop on by, you'll see what kind of writing style I find to be the most entertaining, and I'll bet you do too.

Sometimes her entries are long, sometimes short, but always with a joke that makes me laugh and realize that my family is not nearly as screwed up as hers.

Although I can totally identify with her on one thing about family resemblance and the curse that comes with it: I got my Mom's Danish ankles.

But like Mom says "They may not be pretty, but they work."

That pretty much sums up my life.

2 comments:

Lisa Clarke said...

Oh my gosh, her month 40 newsletter cracked me up! Thanks for that link.

Anonymous said...

Her daughter is beautiful and she has a picture of her wearing pooh panties on her head. I'm hooked.

Thanks so much for that link.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net