Friday, May 04, 2007

No Paparazzi, Please!

We saw the kid today. I call him/her Pumpkin because the due date is right around Halloween, in case I haven't mentioned it.

Pumpkin apparently thought that the Lucky Charms I had for a snack before our appointment were quite tasty, because s/he was dancing a little jig on her little sugar high, so we could barely stop the frame enough at the ultrasound to look at it again.

Lots of top-of-the-head shots, a shot of the feet (lounging for exactly a split second, crossed at some point), and well, we tried to see gender since it's just late enough we could see a little wee-wee if s/he was a he...but we couldn't get a look there either.

I don't believe for one minute it was shyness, because that doesn't run in the family.

Pumpkin's head and leg (femur) are measuring at about 16 weeks -- the head 16 weeks 3 days, and about 16 right on for the leg. Considering we're not quite 15 weeks, that's a great thing.

Ahead is good.

We didn't get a picture today for no particular reason except I didn't ask and she didn't offer. But as I stared at the screen, I imagined the arms that come up in front of Pumpkin's face are just one of those movements that say "No pictures, please! No paparazzi!"

It was neat to see the little kid. I never get bored looking at my baby, wondering what's going to happen next in this crazy "routine" pregnancy I never thought I'd live to see.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net