Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Doing The Time Warp

You know how time just bends sometimes?

I was just thinking to myself how it had to have been at least a week since I last blogged, and I looked at the calendar and saw that in fact, it had been all of three days.

Brian and I have worked hard to get the house ready to sell. We have the pokiest plumber on the planet working on the tub surround (thanks to my friend Delois, I have somewhere to shower at will), and that job's snail's pace alone feels like it's taking an eternity.

We've packed a good deal of the house. Right now a mere shell of what was once a crowded house is left. Nearly all knick-knacks, deluxe junk, and clutter has been cleared. Excess dishes, clothes and towels and other items have been packed into the garage and other places for storage.

And someone came to see our house before it's even on the market, and we found out today they're coming back again to see it tomorrow. Very encouraging news that is...to sell a house before it even hits the market would be FABULOUS.

I'm so tired, I feel like I have to watch it so I actually finish my sentences. I feel like this week has lasted forever...and like my layoff 3 weeks ago happened a year ago.

Tired. Exhausted. Ready to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Off to bed with me, but not before I say this:

The baby is doing well -- I feel more kicks and moves every day. And in about 40 hours we'll be peeking at it via ultrasound to see if it's as healthy as we think it is. We have considered checking gender and not checking gender, but so far the kid has not been cooperative, so it may be out of our hands anyway.

All we're praying for is healthy!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I don't know how you got all that done in that short a time. Your move is happening so quickly and I am praying with all I got that your house sells, that this part is easy for you.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net