Friday, September 22, 2006

There's nothing like pleasing a kid

My youngest nephew Erik, is 10 years old, and the youngest of my brother and sister's kids. Ever since I made the Jacob's Ladder quilt for my sister, Erik has told me how much he loves it, and that he keeps stealing it. "Mom has to keep reminding me that it's HERS" he said a couple of weeks ago.

Tonight I talked to him on the phone as he came back to the car from soccer practice. Even though I don't know JACK about soccer other than "offense", "defense" and "goalie", I asked him about his game...what position he plays, etc. When I asked him if he ever plays goalie, he said "yea, but when I do, I'm REALLY BAD AT IT. I mean, I SUCK." he says. ROFL. Nothing like another kid in my family not mincing words. LOL.

Anyway tonight he said he is taking his Mom's quilt a lot, and I told him that I haven't made a quilt for any of the kids yet, and that I thought since he liked it so much, maybe he should be the FIRST. Well, that "YEAH!" that I heard out of him was all I needed.

I don't know what it is, but just knowing you put the last one first, and made a kid's day, will make my day for days to come.

There's nothing quite like making a kid happy.

1 comment:

Timestep said...

AWWWW - That sounds so sweet.

I can't wait to see pictures.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net