Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Susan

My friend Susan has been through what I've been through. Only later.

She called tonight to see how we're doing. She knows that after a month the rest of the world has returned to normal, and wanted to know how we were feeling.

Susan is pregnant -- due the week after we were. She's living moment to moment with her own angst over her pregnancy. She lost a baby at almost full term, so she's been in our shoes, and then some. I'll never forget the baby announcement of her Madeline -- "Born silently..."

Susan is one of those people who makes a room feel better when she enters it. The world is OK because Susan is there. The day I met her, she came to my house to have us wives meet -- and I knew we would be friends forever.

We've both had our trials since then with our losses, and it's just brought us closer. Tonight as I talked with her about our experience, we swapped stories a lot, and it just felt good to have someone who's been there, and is willing to talk about it, pain and all...

Thanks to Susan, for being such a wonderful person. And pray for her little one, as I hope hers is healthy and born on time, with as little fanfare as possible, medically speaking. I just pray a few months from now we get a perfectly healthy, perfectly boring birth announcement. That's what I wish for her.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Praying for Susan and her little one.

The world may have returned to normal in most aspects, but I still think of you and pray for you daily Jules.

annie said...

I'm so glad that you have some support IRL. And that Susan is so easy to talk to. Praying for her and her babe. And for you, sweetie; hoping that the pain eases, even if it's just a tiny bit at a time.

(((((((hugs))))))
annie

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net
There was an error in this gadget