Saturday, August 12, 2006

Love, Actually

It's taken several weeks for me to get through the movie, "Love, Actually". Not for any reason other than I have been distracted by other projects or something to do, and suddenly I'd hit pause. Again.

This morning I saw down and watched the movie. It stars one of my favorite British actors, Colin Firth of "Bridget Jones' Diary" fame, and his co-star Hugh Grant, who never fails to do a good job of playing an irresistably cute Englishman.

Emma Thompson is in the movie, along with Kiera Knightly, and a host of other talented actors. It's a chick flick, I'll admit, but it was wonderful.

I loved the beginning of the movie as the scene starts in Heathrow Airport, with loved ones greeting each other, and Hugh Grant narrarates about how so many people see hate and badness in the world, but if you look around, you'll see a lot of "Love, Actually."

That alone had me, but the end of the movie also ends at Heathrow, and it's just beautiful. The closing scenes had me crying, for the joy of love, and the sadness of love lost.

So many people I know are paying attention to the war and strife in the world. It's hard to turn away from it, and perhaps we shouldn't. But it's ok to turn away for a while, and try to see the love that exists in the world, in our own families, among our friends.

And, if you haven't seen the movie, put it on your Netflix queue, and get "Love Actually."

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net