Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My First Day Back At Work

I went to work yesterday for the first time. It went amazingly well.

Most of the gals I worked with gave me hugs and said "Welcome back," and I appreciated that. I talked with a couple of them about Jacob too.

Aside from one person saying some stuff I didn't need to hear, like "There's a reason for these things even if we don't understand it...blah blah blah" it went well. That person, I just said "Well, thanks for stopping by." Then I went back to my computer.

I was glad to get work again, back among the bustling downtown, my Starbucks, and some semblance of normal.

The weird thing is having to get dressed in something other than shorts and flip-flops, put my contacts in, and wear makeup. But even that's a good thing.

This morning I woke up early and walked Lucy at the lake. She gets SO excited to go, and it's good for me.

I've lost 5 pounds in the past couple of weeks, and have about 15 more to go, but I'm starting to feel better physically as well.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad to hear it went well. I know it was a big hurdle to cross!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net