Monday, July 06, 2009

Fab Fourth

This Fourth of July was a special one -- a return to see old friends (with a new wife!) and enjoy a night of festivities in my adopted hometown of Seattle.

My friend Lenny lives on Capitol Hill in Seattle -- overlooking Lake Union -- and he throws a party every year that is always a pleaser.


My friend Teri flew in from Utah and I came with my family -- including Mom, Jill, John and the boys, and Hannah and Miriam too from Oregon! Brian stayed home with Nora since she wouldn't be able to stay up anyway, and we didn't want to travel with her...

Right as things got dark, a couple of Lenny's friends put up a homemade balloon, which eventually rode so high in the sky, we lost track of it! It was SO neat! Illegal? Sure...But it was NEAT!
This picture of Hannah and Miriam was a favorite of mine from the night. If you click on the pic you can see the Space Needle in the background too. I watched them as they stood on Lakeview Blvd. together overlooking Lake Union with their arms wrapped around each other. Sisters.

Happy Fourth everyone!

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net