Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Daddy's Littlest Shadow

Daddy's Home!!!

Brian called tonight with the "bad news" that Steens Mountain got a foot of snow on it, so they couldn't install the new generator up there, since the roads became impassable till, say, SPRING.

So the GOOD news was that he was not only on his way home, but he would be home in time for dinner!

I didn't realize how happy I was til I started crying. This whole single mommy thing is NOT for me. I LIKE having MY husband around. I LIKE having my guy who helps around the house and rescues me from the late-night feedings or early morning wake up calls on the weekends...

I ran to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner, so we could do a good home-cooked meal, and just as Nora and I pulled into the driveway, Daddy pulled in front of the house in his truck.

And as you can imagine, the whole night before she went to bed, Nora held onto her Daddy. From the first shy look to the broad smile that quickly followed.

If he left the room, she cried. He had to take a shower (see the first picture), so after Brian had a chance to clean up, I put her in the shower with Daddy.

When they got out, I dried her off, dressed her quickly, and she toddled right in to see Daddy who was still drying off.

The poor guy isn't going to be able to shave or go to the bathroom the next few days without "Daddy's Little Shadow."

For some reason, I don't think he minds...

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net