Sunday, March 04, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Sunny Sunday

What's for breakfast:

Brian's cooking me some sausage, eggs and hashbrowns. I love a good breakfast burrito with that stuff in it. I can't eat like that all week, but weekend breakfasts are indulgent and yummy!

Shortest Weather Report Ever:

It's sunny outside, and we expect to get up to the 60s this week. I think I heard a "whew, I think we made it" out of most Coloradans.

But unfortunately, the bulk of the snow we usually get is in March and April. I hope not March, only because the next few weeks are going to involve some travel.

Plans for my birthday!:

March 15, I'm flying to Seattle a week ahead of my 40th birthday for a girls' weekend with my Mom, sister and sisters in law.

March 21, Brian and I are driving to the Grand Canyon and Phoenix for a long weekend.

Hold weather, hold.

Movie watched:

I watched the movie "Infamous", about Truman Capote and his research for the book In Cold Blood, both of which I adored (the book & this movie). There were a number of smart lines in it, but one came from a Kansas farmer, expressing his fears about how no matter how good you are, bad things happen.

It was short, but the man spoke of Mr. Clutter, the father of the murdered family, and what a good man he was. How doing good things anchor you to the earth, and how Mr. Clutter had done so much. "But," the man said, "a wind -- whether it's the cancer, and accident or just something evil like this -- can blow and lift you up so much as a leaf. You're in control until you're not anymore. Then you're not." I just thought it was genius writing, and all too true.

This is NOT the version with well-known actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman, but Daniel Craig plays Perry, one of the killers, and a good ensemble cast with Sandra Bullock, Sigourney Weaver, and a number of other famous actors play various roles.

We just got Little Miss Sunshine and I can't wait to watch it.

Hair Update:

I took the liberty of calling up James, who happened to answer the phone at Regis hair salon last Sunday, and had him fix my dreadful Dorothy Hamill Haircut before another week was spent in public with it, and before any pictures could be taken.

Thank you, James.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love your travel plans. I am so dying for a road trip right now, the wide open space, going, going, going... I can't wait to hear all about it.

And the hair... I understand that too. Dorothy Hamill in this century just doesn't work, although I'm sure you still looked great with it!!!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net