Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeepy Girl.

I just couldn't help myself today.

Nora was a-w-f-u-l today about napping. I got her to sleep about 20 minutes this morning, and after plugging her with lunch, she woke up from her nap in 5 minutes, screamed for 2 hours, then went down for 15 more minutes before spending the last hour and a half complaining LOUDLY about how her day was going.

Babies are funny...Well at least this one is. She's so dang transparent that she needs a nap, it really is kinda comical, even if it does wear on my last nerve like it did today.

When you've waited as long as I have to become a parent, there are good and bad things that come with actually getting your wish.

The good: I'd like to think I'm a bit more patient than I would have been if I'd had my babies with no complications, because I don't take my kid for granted.

The bad: I've had a lot of time to think of ways to remember the days like today, with the added benefit of having a digital camera, a piece of paper, a marker, and a diabolical mind (ok, that might be overstating it a bit, but I mean it about the digital camera, paper and marker -- I have those for sure).

My goal: Her future "Awwwwwwwww, Mom!" when I embarrass her with these photos.

I'd say I'm accomplishing what I set out to do...even if only time will tell.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

even at 8 years old, it is still transparent when they need a nap. But you get a "I'm NOT TIRED!" response, and you go and pull your ever graying hair, and they crash asleep on the sofa.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net