Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh Brother!

It all started with what looked like a spider bite that got infected but my brother Jeff is in the hospital with what appears to be a staph infection.

They don't think he'll be out of the hospital for Christmas. They did surgery and got to the infection and didn't find as much pus as they expected, but it's serious enough that he's in the hospital with his arm elevated, they kept the wound open so it can heal in the open (I guess that's a good way to heal it).

He's on the new antibiotic that's supposed to fight it if it's the dreaded superbug MRSA but they don't think it is...they're just doing it as a precaution since it's a big gun antibiotic to fight all staph infections.

I talked to Jeff tonight and he sounds good (he got the cookies I sent over) and I'll go see him tomorrow. It's just going to take a long time to heal.

Jeff is the cook in the family and he's really down about missing Christmas. We started assigning meals for people to cook, and we'll just do our best. We'll get people over there on Christmas day at all times so he's never alone, but the room is too small for all of us to cram in.

I'll update later when things change, but thanks for your prayers in advance!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Give him my best Jules - that is so sad to hear!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net