Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy Busy Beach Days

We just got home from a few days on the road...Brian has been working in the southern part of the state, and when he said he'd be ON the beach for a couple of nights...Nora and I drove down and spent a couple of nights there, seeing him in the evenings and doing our own thing during the day.

We went to an animal safari thing that was just sort of weird...OLD, and they even let kids get close to some of the cubs...

Nora sat there a little frozen at the sight of the leopard cub, just fast enough for me to get the picture, then we were out of that area. So neat tho to see her run after some deer and goats, and boy did we wash hands after THIS adventure.

THEN...we went to the beach. Nora HATES sand and water. The Oregon Coast really is counter-intuitive. I call it an "acquired taste...you know, kinda like beer."

Anyway, she started out not sure about it, then started to enjoy it, then ran to play in the water...and promptly FELL into the ocean (2 inches of water, but she was soaked)...so I got to walk her ALLLLLL the way back to the car, drive her to the hotel, and get her cleaned up. What an adventure!
Now we're back home, where it's supposed to be 102 or 105 or something god-awful. And it's 88* and it's 11 p.m.



I would love to go back to the coast again, but I know I'm not the only one thinking of it, so hotel prices must be going crazy.

And I'm done with my psychology class for summer quarter. Taking my last Anatomy class and a Sociology class on Death & Dying for the fall. Can't wait to get near the end of my pre-req's for nursing, so I can apply for next year.

Nora's doing great...TALKING like crazy. Brian got her saying "Blackberry!" tonight. I can't even begin to tell you how great it is to say "Nora, do you want to eat?" or "Nora, do you need a new diaper?" and she says "DA!" for yes, or "NO!"

And for the record -- look at this last picture and see that this is the LAST picture I snapped of her right as I was yelling "NO!" and she tripped in the wave...Doesn't she look like she's taking on the entire Pacific Ocean?

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net