Thursday, July 09, 2009

The 48 Hour Fever

Nora went to bed Tuesday night with a touch of a fever, and I gave her a little Ibuprofen and off to bed she went.

The next morning, she woke up with a raging 103.4* fever...and was so listless it scared me! There's nothing like watching your bouncy-like-Tigger daughter run around and then suddenly sit there like a bump on a log...

She was sick all day Wednesday -- so we just stayed home and I got some housework done and she watched more Elmo than she probably should have -- and then Brian got home last night and fortunately had part of Thursday off so he watched Nora while I went to class this morning (she was still running a pretty good fever).

She HATES the medicine until it's in her mouth...then she realizes it's grape-flavored candy and it's not so bad. I put some of it in a bottle last night just so I wouldn't have a fight over it. She's also decided I can go pound sand if I think I'm going to get her temperature with that in-the-ear thing, and I want to say "Do you have ANY IDEA WHERE MY mom put a MERCURY-FILLED THERMOMETER? HMMMM?"

But of course I don't yell my kid, at least not yet...

This afternoon after her nap she was back to her normal self. We played with Play-Doh, drew with crayons and pencils, and mowed the lawn and she wanted to play in the sprinkler.

And just like that...she's back.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net