Monday, January 21, 2008

We just flew in from Denver (and boy are my arms tired!)

Just holding Nora and keeping her occupied or asleep on the plane(s) was quite a bit of work...Overall she did well though. DH and I took turns and did great with her especially on the last flight figuring out what it took to keep her quiet. Which is something, considering she's MY daughter. LOL. There were a few screaming episodes here and there (boy isn't that fun to be THAT parent) but overall she was ok and slept through quite a bit.

We had a ball seeing so many friends who have waited SO long along with us for her to come to us...so neat to see old friends and had a good cry with a couple of them.

The house closing went well. Unfortunately I met the new owners. The guy was fine but the lady was the coldest fish I've ever met. We were trying to tell them nice things about the neighbors etc, and while her DH was conversational and excited, she acted like we were beneath her or something, or like this was a business deal, and WHY on EARTH were we speaking to her?? Oh well. I hope the washing machine doesn't break on her the first time she uses it. ROFL...we should see the $$ tomorrow and then close on Friday with the new house.

Nora was such a good baby...had her tough time around dinner time like she always does, but really tolerated all those strangers holding her and all the in/out in the car (even in a snowstorm) very well...all things considered!

Friday night I was driving home with her after dropping off Brian to spend the night at a friends, and she was SCREAMING in the car. It was snowing like crazy, and I finally started talking very loudly to her.

"NORA, YOU ARE A GREAT BABY OVERALL, BUT YOU SUCK AT BEING A PASSENGER".

(She gets quiet).

"I LOVE YOU, BUT MOMMY IS TRYING TO DRIVE YOU HOME IN A SNOWSTORM, IN DENVER, IN JANUARY, AND I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATED IT IF YOU WOULD JUST PUT A LID ON IT."


Silence.


She had fallen asleep on me in her little rocket seat...and that was that.

I'll publish some pics here in the next few days.

It may be only 10, but I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

MissHelen said...

I can just see you doing this Jules, and the whole scene makes me giggle...I'm glad Miss Nora conked out for you so you could drive in relative peace. :)

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net