Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Good Crowd

There's this motley crew that picked me up as a friend when I got here to Colorado. My husband went to college with some of them, some of us married in, some are just friends by "guilt by association". But they're one of the best groups of people I've ever met, and I will miss them a lot when I move.

Last night we got together in Morrison at The Cafe Prague, with a snooty waiter we all had to make fun of after dinner, but aside from one sneer from J.D., who was well within his rights, Snooty Waiter did not ruin the evening.

It was a celebration for Concetta and Anne, two of our June birthdays. It was also the last time I'll see a lot of these guys, since I'm leaving in just a couple of weeks now.

It's hard to believe I've been here for six years. We've had lots of parties with this gang at our house, a lot of fun with girls' nights out, and then of course there's always the "X Annual Attempt To Carve Pumpkins" party at Wendi's house that always results in a lot of drunk women, embarrassing photos being taken, and some wicked margaritas being downed.

Thanks guys, you've been a large part of my feeling at home in Colorado.

You will be missed.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net