Monday, May 28, 2007

Victory Over Plumbing is MINE.

It all started innocently enough.

But then, doesn't it always?

About five hours after Brian left town on a trip came The Drip.

Then a steady stream coming from the bathroom sink last night.

I knew where the water shutoff was. I figured I'd replace a washer in the morning, and I'd be done.

But NOoooooooooooooooooo.

I started to disassemble it, and before long I had stripped the threads, bent some copper stuff, and lo and behold, I was getting out more and more large tools and ripping the #*%&(@()*@$ out of the sink.

I never did find any washer.

My friend Delois came over and helped me remove the last vestiges of the old fixture because my hands were raw from wrenching on things that I have no torque to remove.

Back to Lowe's with me to buy a new fixture, which I did.

OK, here's a cutie shot of Delois' daughter Abigail who crawled under the sink to "help"!

Actually installation was nothing...but boy howdy, did that wreck my plans for today!

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net