Thursday, April 16, 2009

Welcome to My Family's Insanity.

And before you hear my brother Jeff point and yell "she started it!"

I started it.

Sometime a long time ago, I borrowed a coffee mug going out of my brother's house one day. It wasn't intentional stealing. I borrowed it with full intention of returning it.

Really.

Well, last weekend my brother Jeff road shotgun with my sister to the store, and since I was blocking a couple of cars in the driveway, they took my car. The Peet's mug was in the car...and:

BUSTED!

Our family being our family, it meant that Jeff couldn't just take it back. No. That would be way too easy.

Instead, he had to give me loads of crap about stealing his mug (which really, isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?). He crawled right up on the cross and was all victim-like about it. It was a really good performance.

So of course, me being me, I couldn't just give it back to him.

I started taking pictures of the coffee mug in various places like my college campus, and sending them to him on his phone.

Then I got another Peet's mug (I ordered some replacements online -- one for him and one for me), and that's when the fun started...we have one of them hanging out in the back yard, then one where I donned them with shower caps before going into the dishwasher.

So finally today I sent the new mug over to him in the original Peet's box, and as a joke left the sunglasses on it so Jeff could recognize him from the photos...

So today, I get a picture from Jeff, and it's of his new Peet's mug, sitting on the swing at his farm, with the caption "Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!"

I know. We're sick...but we have fun doing it. :)

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net