Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pillow To Pew in 30 Minutes

Brian and I try to get to church every Sunday, but lately it's been closer to every other week.

Our first week back after Jacob was two weeks ago, and last Sunday we had company from out of town, so I was up late talking, so we didn't get up in time for the 8 a.m. service that we like.

I've never been a fan of the 10:45 service. Partly because it's the service with everyone who has kids, and crying babies are NOT what I need to hear right now.

So, the 8 a.m. it is. This morning, my alarm went off at 7:00, 7:09, and 7:18. By 7:27, still cuddling and feeling like I REALLY wanted to just stay right where I was, I pulled myself out of bed and said "We can make it."

In 15 minutes, we had clothes on, teeth brushed, hair done, and a second to throw on some mascara for me and a tie for Brian.

With coffee poured into our commuter mugs, we made it out the door.

This morning Bob, one of our church friends, said "It's good to see you here," and I joked that we'd made it to church in some kind of record time, even with a cup of coffee. But then Brian said "Yeah, it's a new record for Julie. Pillow to pew in 30 minutes."

I'm so glad we're Lutherans, because all Bob did was laugh and say (with all due seriousness), "That's impressive."

And like good Lutherans, it immediately moved to what kind of coffee maker we have (one with an alarm that brews before you get up), and how getting that all-important cup of coffee in before church is key.

No comments:

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net