Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Sickies Found Me

I'm on vacation this week in Oregon -- visiting most of my family.

Last night my throat started hurting...by this morning I had been reduced to violent sneezes and a stuffy head that can't be unstuffed.

I've spent time trying to figure out what I can take that won't leave my baby cross-eyed, and the list is short, and I'm on a farm where it's a special trip to the store to get some stuff. I got some Tylenol cold stuff that looked reasonably safe to sleep tonight, but who knows. I've always been a double-dose NyQuil kinda gal, and now I can't really do much. It just feels like throwing a small Band-Aid on a gusher.

I have to say I'm glad I haven't been sick up til now, but boy howdy, is this miserable.

The worst part is I have to fly to go home tomorrow. I hope my head doesn't explode.

The good news for this week is that I'm 19 weeks pregnant today. The kid is sounding fine, and our 20-week ultrasound is next Thursday. I can't wait to see how he/she is doing.

I'll write more next week when I get back home...just wanted to give a quick update.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Being sick while pregnant is the pitts. I feel your pain. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net