Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Quilting


My Latest Work In Progress Posted by Hello

Part of making a quilt is patience...not just with the sewing, but sometimes in the design.

This quilt has been in the making for a while. It's sat in my sewing room while I've moved on and through other projects. Finally, I realized that I didn't like the way it was turning out, which is probably why I let it sit. This 8-pointed star is a rendition of an Amish pattern. I use the dark colors and black background similar to the Amish style in this case.

I went to the Amish Quilt Exhibition a couple of weeks ago, and it inspired me to finish this piece, changing the center so it had red in it, along with the red points on the outside. It felt like it finally had some balance it didn't have before. It will have a 9-patch border in the colors shown, with a black backing. I plan on machine quilting it.

When I made a similar one for my friend Meg's baby, I realized I REALLY liked the pattern and wanted to make another. I made this quilt without anyone in particular in mind...but as it's come along, I realized there's room in my house for one more quilt to keep.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous... Jules, you are so gifted. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net