Saturday, February 12, 2005

The First Post of What Will Be Years of Blogness

I'm new to this...so new, in fact, that I am hardly prepared to say much today...but this is exciting! I guess we'll start with an introduction:

My name is Jules, Julie, really...but everyone calls me Jules. I love where I live, and I love to travel, hike, play and have fun. I am happiest when I make people laugh. I'm not afraid to look stupid in the pursuit of making people laugh either.

I am married -- for 5 years now -- to my high school sweetheart, who came back into my life after 10 years' absence...we live in Denver, Colorado, where we have a house and pets (2 cats and a dog).

I travelled a lot last year -- I got to go home to the Northwest (Seattle/Portland area) a couple of times, went to New York City to visit my actor-brother Joel. The year before that I went to Europe.

One of my pet peeves is the recent lack of tolerance for those who wish to express their political views -- even negative ones -- in the wake of 9/11. I am shocked, dismayed and frankly -- pissed off -- at the attacks on those who speak their minds. I wish everyone understood the importance of Free Speech as a foundation of our society...if we're not free to criticize our government, NO ONE is free.

I will spend my blog time wisely -- I will do my best to entertain, inform, delight and perhaps make you mad sometimes, but I promise you, there will be rays of sunshine when you will actually catch yourself thinking about something in a whole new light.

Now, back to work with you.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Jules, I am soooo looking forward to reading your blog... but you know what I'd like even better -- meeting you in person. You seem like such a neat lady! (and to readers of this blog who may not know it, I've been a cyber friend of Jules' for several years -- so this is NOT a weird cyber-stalking thing) LOL

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net