Saturday, February 03, 2007

Amish Quilt


I'm finally done with the Amish Quilt I started some time ago.

Recently when I did a slideshow of quilts, I realized I hadn't made myself a quilt in at least 7 years! The double wedding ring quilt in the first clip was the last thing I made for Brian and me, and that was back in 1999 or 2000. I remember it because it was after we got married and had moved to Yakima that I finished that quilt.

Around Christmast time when all the snow started, we were planning on having family here for the holidays, and with the subzero temperatures, I realized that we could use another blanket anyway, and so I googled "Amish Quilt" and stumbled across this pattern, and I just fell in love with it!

It has a 3D effect that I really liked. It was neat to make something that wasn't a repeat of the same pattern over and over again, so I could do one block, then finish that and do something different. Actually it was fairly simple -- the real challenge was not having any instructions except the picture, so it was a challenge to just figure out how much of what I needed to do it.

Now, it's on to my next project -- this one's for my niece Miriam. She's got a crazy Austin Powers-like paint job in her bedroom, and we've found a pattern and color scheme that will go with the room!

4 comments:

tims mom said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me. You are truly gifted!

Gatxan said...

It is a gorgeous Quilt! I mean the Amish one. Lovely!

Teri said...

Fabulous. So nice that you did something for yourself!

Cheryl (Earthy) said...

Wow, that is really beautiful! I'm so happy that you finally made a quilt for you and Brian. What a cozy looking bed!!!! Love you.

Sloganizer

generated by sloganizer.net
There was an error in this gadget